You are hereBack to top
Explain the Cloud Like I'm 10 (Paperback)
What is the cloud? Discover the secrets of the cloud through simple explanations that use lots of pictures and lots of examples.
Why learn about the cloud? It's the future. The cloud is the future of software, the future of computing, and the future of business. If you're not up on the cloud the future will move on without you. Don't miss out.
Not a geek? Don't worry. I wrote this book for you After reading Explain Cloud Like I'm 10, you willunderstand the cloud. That's a promise.
How do I deliver on that promise? I'll let you in on a little secret: the cloud is not that hard to understand. It's just that nobody has taken the time to explain it properly.
I take the time. I go slow. You'll learn step-by-step; one idea at a time. You'll learn something new no matter if you're a beginner, someone who knows a little and wants to know more, or someone thinking about a career change.
In Explain Cloud Like I'm 10, you'll discover:
- How the cloud got its name. A more interesting story than you might think.
- An intuitive picture based definition of the cloud.
- What it means when someone says a service is in the cloud.
- If stormy weather affects cloud computing.
- How the internet really works. Most people don't know. You will.
- The real genius of cloud computing. Hint: it's not the technology.
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of cloud computing.
- How cloud computing changed how software is made--forever.
- Why Amazon AWS became so popular. Hint: it's not the technology.
- What happens when you press play on Netflix.
- Why Kindle is the perfect example of a cloud service.
- The radically different approaches Apple and Google take to the cloud.
- How Google Maps and Facebook Messenger excel as cloud applications.
- Cloud providers are engaging in a winner-take-all war to addict you to their ecosystems.
- Key ideas like: VM, serverless, container, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, virtualization, caching, ISP, OpEx, CapEx, network, AMI, EC2, S3, CDN, elastic computing, datacenter, and cloud-native.
- And so much more.
Sound like gobbledygook? Don't worry It will all make sense.
I've been a programmer and a writer for over 30 years. I've been in cloud computing since the beginning, and I'm here to help you on your journey to understand the cloud. Consider me your guide. I'll be with you every step of the way.
Sound fun? Buy Explain Cloud Like I'm 10 and let's get started learning about the cloud today